Art Film Assignment
Select one of the following films to watch and review. Use this link as a guide for writing →
Note: a quality review does much more than say the film is “good” or “bad”. I’m looking
for 500 words, the format given in the link above, and a strong understanding of the
content of the film and how it relates to your learning in this course. D o not attempt to
copy and paste a review.
This assignment is due towards the end of the course. You are being told about this
assignment now so you have ample time to select and watch a film. Some films are
available to stream on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime (including rentals). Some may be
on YouTube. Just about all are also available to purchase online, some inexpensively.
How you see the film is up to you. If you don’t subscribe to a streaming service, you
know someone who does. Another option is to sign up for a free month trial and cancel
the membership before you are charged. You may watch with a classmate, but you must
write individual (and different) reviews.
2. The Art of the Steal
3. The Rape of Europa
4. Beltracchi: The Art of Forgery
5. Art and Craft (Mark Landis)
6. Obey Giant
7. Herb and Dorothy
8. Exit Through the Gift Shop
9. Jean Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child
10. Banksy Does New York
11. Between the Folds (Independent Lense)
15. Midnight in Paris
16. Girl with a Pearl Earring
17. All the Vermeers in New York
18. The Agony and the Ecstasy
19. Eames: The Architect and Painter
20. The Cool School: How LA Learned to Love Modern Art
21. Downtown 81
22. Georgia O’Keefe (2009)
23. A Bigger Splash
25. Art & Copy
The postfirst appeared on .
The postappeared first on .