Learning Goal: I’m working on a english writing question and need support to help me learn.
For this assignment, you will critically analyze the case “Managed by Q (2016)”.
HRM CASE: The case is available in iCollege under the assignment folder
The overall format for writing this case analysis (A case analysis has three sections):
Section 1: Executive summary, a two-paragraph description of the importance of selection to HRM Practices. In this summary, you will open your case analysis with a concise statement of purpose (How do selection practices impact an organizational culture). (15 points)
Section 2: The body focuses on the specific arguments and evidence supporting your decision. You will analyze the case using the following questions:
- How can an organization’s values affect its employee selection process?
- What kinds of questions can recruiters ask to detect whether a potential employee fits the Q’s culture?
- In this case, what type of selection method was Q using? Using the critical standard for measuring employee selection method, evaluate the method described in this case to determine the reliability, validity, generality, utility, and legality of the selection method.
- What would be the potential challenge Q’s might face attracting employees with the right job and organizational fit in the new labor market?
- Recommend a workforce plan for Q’s to use to attract the workforce it needs in these areas to scale up its business.
In writing this section, remember that evidence-based human management uses information and evidence to make an informed decision. You will need to support your decision with evidence from the case and other sources (concepts from your textbook readings, class materials, and at least one other resource). (20 points)
Section 3: Conclusion: You will close your case analysis with a recommendation for workforce planning. If Q decides to expand into Boston, Atlanta, and Washington DC, recommend a workforce planning strategy for Q to use in the new labor market. Open this section with a statement identifying the challenge Q’s would face in planning and acquiring the employees it needs in these labor markets. Next, recommend a workforce plan for Q’s to use to attract the workforce it needs in these areas to scale up its business. Provide your detailed rationale for your recommendation discussing any advantages and disadvantages involved. (15 points).
Writing and Submission Instructions
Please note that this paper should be between 3-5 pages in length of actual content writing (exclusive of the title and reference pages) and double-spaced, with 1-inch margins, 12 pt., and Times New Roman. Please ensure that you follow the instructions on the grading rubrics.