PROMPT: How do the women in “The Story of an Hour” and “The Yellow Wall-Paper” compare in regards to their reactions to feeling free? Be sure to discuss both stories.
The Story of an Hour – https://archive.vcu.edu/english/engweb/webtexts/hour/
The Yellow Wall-Paper – https://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/theliteratureofprescription/exhibitionAssets/digitalDocs/The-Yellow-Wall-Paper.pdf
– 2 1/2 – 3 pages (600 – 750 words — just go by the word count)
– an introductory paragraph
– clear thesis statement (one sentence at the end of the introduction)
– at least two (2) body paragraphs
– at least four (4) quotes in the body of the essay with proper MLA in-text citations. Pay attention to the page numbers on the actual PDFs, if they exist. e.g., (Stetson 546) and (Chopin).
– a thoughtful conclusion
– Outside sources are not required. Please don’t use them.
– Appropriate MLA heading and a Works Cited page are not required or recommended
– TRY to stay in the third person. A few first and second-person words are fine, but not too many.
The postfirst appeared on .
The postappeared first on .