This project is a reflective paper and action plan. The purpose of this project is to
reflect on the personal biases that you have and how they show up in your
Once you have named the bias(es) and how they show up in your classroom you will create an action plan to intentionally overcome those biases.
The reflection must include the following:
● self-identified bias(es)
● my identified biases: (1) Once I have prepared my lessons according to State standards, I do not like when students play around and do not take their education seriously. (2) Because I had three sons, I have a tendency to push male students to excel in their studies.
● how those bias(es) have come about
● (1) When I notice that students do not take their education seriously, I don’t take as much time with them, even though they may need my assistance.
● how that bais (es) play out in your classroom
● I may call on the students that are always paying attention, or the ones who submit assignments on time.
● detailed plan to overcome the bias(es)
The postfirst appeared on .
The postappeared first on .