Write a self-reflective essay, in which you adopt the sociological imagination to analyse your life experiences that have been shaped by the larger social context. Also apply sociological concepts, theories or ideas that you learnt from the course, assigned readings or other source in your analysis.
• write about your gender ideology and reflect on how it is socialised by your parents or peers, or
• write about whether you conform to social norms, and if not how do you respond to the social sanctions imposed on you by the society? or
• write about your experience of working in a part-time job. How is the job organised by your boss or the industry and why? or
• analyse the social forces which are shaping your social class, or the forces that shapes the prosperity of your social class, or
• You may review the value of standard of beauty on your body, how that value discipline your life.
The sociological imagination allows us to see the important relationship between “personal trouble of milieu” (e.g. disabled people being unemployed), which affect an individual and “public issues of social structures” (e.g. legislation of equal opportunities), which reflect a problem for the entire society.
The post Write a self-reflective essay, in which you adopt the sociological imagination t appeared first on Course Hero.