ONLY USE THE READINGS, CLASS NOTES, powepoints and video I HAVE PROVIDED!!
Vanden and Prevost, Chapter 12 and Chapter 14
Respond to the basic questions for the assignment.
Strong papers incorporate or integrate materials from the module, including class notes, powerpoint notes and other documents. Reliance on the readings will be considered a weak paper.
Written Assignment should be 2 pages in length.
The paper must be typed, double-spaced, and 12 font size.
A title page with your name, class information, quarter separate from the text of the paper and a bibliography/reference page separate from the text of the paper.
Citations: In the citations of the readings ,follow the author, date, and page system within the paper. For example, (Chasteen 2000, 3), (Garcia 2001, 10) (Chicago Style) This system of citations is called the Chicago Style and the instructions are in Module 10) Do not follow any other variation of the Chicago Style but the instructions on Module 10.
Neatness of the paper will be graded.
At the end of the Mexican Revolution of 1910, what happened to the political and economic foundation of Mexico?
2. What happened during the Lazaro Cardenas years and the Mexican path of economic and political development?
3. What was the “Mexican Miracle”of 1940-1982? What happened to the “Mexican Miracle” in the post 1982 period?
4. If you apply Stavenhagen’s insights, what do we learn from the Mexican model on his concluding remarks in the possible direction of the above models of development: “Attempts at this model for development will again be transformed into the previous model of dependent underdevelopment or will be carried by their own momentum into the socialist revolutionary model—
Based on the model of economic development presented in class, what is your analysis of Brazil under Getulio Vargas?
2. What happened in the post Vargas period of political and economic development in Brazil? What sorts of political and economic policies affected the development of Brazil?
3. Who are the main actors (contemporary) in the path for development in Brazil?
The post Additional Readings on Mexico and Brazil, class notes and powerpoints I have attached appeared first on Course Hero.