Upon successful completion of this module, students will have demonstrated
I. eTourism, the relationship between IT and tourism and hospitality and potential future developments in these areas.
II. Evaluation of tourism websites, travel recommendation systems and decision support systems of various kinds.
Communicate and critically reflect on those ideas in written form.
ASSESSMENT METHODS: Case Study Report: (100%) of module mark This assesses learning outcomes 1, 2, and 3
Assignment Question (Case Study Report)
Critically evaluate the developments of Social Media and mobile technology in Hospitality Businesses. Use an SMTE as a case study to analyze the business’ social media portfolio and develop a new detailed social media strategy for your chosen business. Note that the case must be a small or medium hospitality or tourism enterprise of your choice with an online and social media presence. Guide to the Assignment
1. Choose a Small and Medium Tourism or hospitality business with a social media presence.
2. Evaluate their current social media strategy to discuss and support the arguments of your literature review.
3. Develop a social media strategy/recommendation for the organization.
4. The main parts of the assignment are the literature review and case study.
5. The case study should reflect on topics highlighted in the literature review and include a detailed evaluation
of the current social media presence.
6. Ensure you use academic references within your literature review and add a copy of your collected data in the appendix.