1. What were the goals of Bismarck’s diplomacy?
2. How did liberalism and nationalism contribute to instability in Russia, Austria, and the Balkans?
3. How did the Great War shape interwar intellectual trends?
4. What were the root causes of the Great Depression?
5. Why did Hitler believe Germany needed to acquire land in the east?
6. How did the Western democracies respond to Hitler’s aggressive policies?
7. To what extent was the Cold War a clash of ideologies?
8. How did nuclear weapons shape the conflict between the United States and the Soviet Union?
9. How did the two world wars impact Latin American nations and their relationship with other nations? And how did the Cold War affect Latin America?
10. How did the relationship between Latin America and the United States change over the course of the twentieth century?
11. How did the experience of World War II impact decolonization in Africa?
12. What steps did European countries take to slow down the process of decolonization in the decades after World War II?
13. How did the mandate system shape the political development of the Middle East after the Great War?
14. How did the two world wars contribute to the creation of the State of Israel?
!!Note each question 200 words !!